Tuesday, January 8, 2013

on the needles...

Here's what I'm currently working on:

Beloved Baby Bonnet from Jane Austen Knits Summer 2012


Baby Legwarmers (adapted from 2 patterns, this and this)


I cast on 44 sts with Knit Picks Felici in color Boutique, using size US 3 needles. I decided to do a 3x1 ribbing though, like the spats pattern linked above, because I think they'll fit better. I'm not sure I'll do the stirrups on the bottom though. I'm going to make these long so they'll cover her legs completely when she's little, but she'll be able to wear them as regular legwarmers as she gets taller :)

I did the 2-at-a-time version, using some instructions from this video. Very helpful. I learned 2-at-a-time toe-up socks last year, but this was a bit different to cast on, so this tutorial was helpful. Definitely try it out. I LOVE knitting two at a time, because when you're done, you're done! Happy knitting! Let me know what you're working on right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment