Thursday, January 3, 2013

baby bird's first sweater :)



Pattern: Little Baby Sweater by Purl Bee
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in off white; Koigu KPM for grey stripes; peach is leftover sock-weight yarn

I'm so excited about finishing this little gem. This is Bird's first sweater made by mommy. Yay! Of course it will be a little big for her for a while, but I've learned never to knit anything in a newborn size anyway, so this is for around 6 months. That's when it will be cold anyway, so that works out nicely. This was such a quick knit. I forget how fast baby things knit up! It's very rewarding.

Next on the list is this adorable dress. I am trying to finish the crocheted blanket first before casting-on, but we'll see. Blankets take forever! :)


This version is by Kistrom on Ravelry. I love the colors she used. I am doing mine in the same yarn, DROPS Alpaca, but in grey with the design in yellow, I believe. Super cute. I can't wait to start, but I'm off to crochet a bit first...

No comments:

Post a Comment