Saturday, January 19, 2013

bear claw blanket decisions...

Happy Saturday! I'll soon be posting an update from our lovely babymoon trip to Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood, but first, I need your input.

I've gathered a bunch of the Koigu I have (yes, used to be addicted to it), some Louet Gems in pale grey for the background color (purchased a bag of it at Stitches South a few years ago) and worked some graphic designer magic in Illustrator this morning to put it all together into a blanket design, with 2 options.

The pattern is the Bear Claw Blanket by Veronik Avery, from Interweave Knits Spring 2005. I have adored this blanket forever and am so excited to start. Here are my 2 design options:



I love them both! Right now I'm deciding between the gold or red center square color. I will later on choose a border color, as well, but feel free to leave input on that option, too. Let me know what you think! Here is a photo of the original finished blanket from the pattern. I had so many different colors of Koigu that I decided to save a little $ and make different colored squares instead of following the pattern. I would've had to buy so much yarn! I'm excited about my thriftiness and that the design worked out lovely with what I already had :)



Thanks for your votes! We'll see what happens...

UPDATE: Also making this, remember, so I must be slightly obsessed with red-orange square centers...


4 comments:

  1. I vote red. More of a pop in my opinion. Are you using variegated koigu for the main colors?? Leftovers from the barnraising quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M! Using solid or semi-solid Koigu colors. Yes, I still have lots from Barn Raising, but I also have lots of solid colors. You know how bad our addictions were...I blame Charisse :)

      Delete
  2. I vote for red too, but barely. They're both so cute!

    ReplyDelete