Friday, August 19, 2011

work it out

Lovely by elletrain
Lovely, a photo by elletrain on Flickr.
So, I just realized I missed the Tuesday Tutorial this week. I'll admit I was enjoying myself out in Oregon wine country with my husband and parents. What an amazingly beautiful area. WOW! And so close to our new home. I have a feeling we will be taking many trips out there. Here is a shot from the Willamette Valley.

My reason for posting today though is to let you know what I've been up to for 3 weeks now, workout-wise. I'm doing the Couch to 5K training program that I found online. The running club where we used to live offers this training 2x a year and I had heard about it before. I have to say I wasn't excited about starting to run again. It's been a long time since I chose that as my main form of exercise. I fell in love with Zumba and hula hooping over the past few years because they were much more interesting and held my attention. BUT...I am loving this training so far! I'm not necessarily training to run IN a 5k, but knowing I will be able to run 3 miles, 3x a week at the end of this is pretty cool.

If you'd like to check it out, I've created a better document of the training program here: Couch to 5K
I, of course, did not come up with this. I'm not sure who did, but when I found it online it was hard to follow, so I did a nicer layout that I think will be easier to read for you :) I posted mine above my desk! Be sure to workout only every other day to give time for your body to rest and heal in between runs.

As for a workout playlist, I thought I'd share a few fun songs I'm running to right now. If you have additional suggestions though I'm always looking for new music with a good beat. Enjoy!

-"Born this Way" - Lady Gaga
-  pretty much anything from Foster the People - Houdini, Pumped Up Kicks, Call It What You Want
-  Michael Jackson songs, FOR SURE - If You Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' is my favorite
- "She Wolf" - Shakira
- "Mo Money Mo Problems" - Notorious B.I.G. - a classic :)
- "Canned Heat" - Jamiroquai
- "Boom Boom Pow" - Black Eyed Peas
- "My Chick Bad" - Ludacris

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the work outs! It must feel wonderful and enchanting to complete exercise goals. Right now, I'm in a slump-- can't quite get back to my daily physical exertions. I've been tired and lazy! It's the Summer sun causing me to feel this way ^.^

    Your blog is beautiful, and I am following!! Love the first picture

    sweetness xx
    hope to hear from you*!
    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy!!! You have a lovely blog as well!! I understand the laziness. I have been that way for the majority of the summer so far :) Your outfits are brilliant! Thanks for stopping by...I love knowing some people are reading!! ♥

    ReplyDelete