Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday Tutorial ♥

Hello!! Happy Tuesday. I am sitting here with a bum ankle...I must have strained it while doing my run yesterday :( ... But being less mobile makes A) more time for knitting! B) less of a guilty feeling for not finishing up the laundry and C) for a great time to catch up on all of my many unread blog posts in my Bloglovin account. So now that I'm caught up on those and had a little time to peruse my Pinterest pins, I'm here to share a fun tutorial that I'm about to go round up the supplies to make for myself, after this post! Of course I'll have to wait until night time to test it out, but I have plenty of fairy lights/Christmas lights around at home to practice on :)

Check out these lovely images first:



I found these and a link to a tutorial for making a 'bokeh' here, on one of my favorite blogs, Le Fru Fru. It's in Italian (which I'm learning, but not good at ALL yet because I keep knitting instead of doing the Rosetta Stone lessons), but your browser will most likely translate it if needed. The tutorial on Green Laundry is in English though, so that will be helpful :)

A 'bokeh' is "the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light.(from Wikipedia) In this particular instance, we can create the heart-shaped 'bokeh' through making a lens cover, like this (image from Green Laundry's blog):


I hope you'll go try this out! Again, the link to the tutorial is here. I'm excited to try this and experiment with more night time photography. Have fun and share pictures if you try this out!!



No comments:

Post a Comment