Tuesday, August 2, 2011

amazing Asian dressing recipe

Oh my goodness. I just made some dressing for our salad tonight based on this Bobby Flay recipe. I WILL be making the full recipe sometime because this dressing is to DIE for. I die. It's seriously taking lots of will power not to go eat it all before our grilled pork chops are done. Here is how I slightly changed it to be a salad dressing instead of the chicken salad sauce.

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
  • 1 teaspoon Sriracha - I subbed Sriracha b/c we didn't have the chipotle puree and put only 1 tsp.
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
  • 1/8 cup safflower oil - I used a lot less oil because we didn't need much dressing & to cut on fat
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper 


This is literally one of the best dressings I've had. I'm serving it over a salad of lettuce, raw broccoli and some chopped peanuts. Mmmmmm!!

5 comments:

  1. This might be just what I've been looking for. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish, can't wait to try.
    Bobby Flay is awesomd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you love it! Try it soon. SO good, I promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this to put on cold pasta, broccoli, garnished with toasted sunnies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm. Sounds great! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete