Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday tutorial!

Well, I am going to do my best at presenting a lovely tutorial every Tuesday. I find so many great craft and design project tutorials online that I might as well share them with you! I'll do my best to actually create the items in the tutorial, but mostly it's going to be used to share all of these projects that are built up in my Pinterest account. 

So, while I try to claim to be a great graphic designer, I don't claim to be a great photo retoucher. It takes a different set of skills and while I use Photoshop a lot I focus mainly on design and less on editing photos besides general cutting out, a bit of light and skin softening, etc. So I'm always on the lookout for great tutorials on giving nice soft touches to photos. I'm sometimes a step-by-step girl when it comes to things I don't know how to do and I love this tutorial I found today on adding a lovely yellow softness and contrast to a photo. I thought I would share!

Before photo: (you might recognize this from my previous dress revitalized post!)


And the after photo. Much more interesting, don't you think? I am definitely addicted to the Instagram app for iPhone. I LOVE it and you can add pretty filters at the touch of a button, but being designery I sure like knowing how to recreate them myself since I have the right tools.



For the Photo tutorial click here

Enjoy!! Happy Tuesday tutorial :)

1 comment: