Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weekly round up and newest breakfast addiction

Baked eggs breakfast by elletrain
Baked eggs breakfast, a photo by elletrain on Flickr.
Hello again! I have quite a few things to share with you today.

Pictured above is my latest favorite breakfast...baked eggs! My friend Becky over at The Root Cellar's Garden mentioned baked eggs a while ago and I was intrigued! It's the perfect dish for my lovely little mini-cocottes.

You pretty much just start with butter and maybe a little milk or cream (or almond milk in my case!), heat that in the cocottes under the broiler for a few minutes.

Add any ingredients you like ...ie. this morning I had a little spinach sauteéd with garlic I put in the bottom of each one.

Then crack an egg on top and sprinkle a little salt.

Put them back under the broiler for 5-7 minutes until the egg white is almost cooked.

Pull them out and put the cover on to keep warm and finish cooking the egg while you set the table, etc.

You could do this in ramekins if you don't have these little dishes. Mmm. They are so good! Kind of like a soft boiled egg, but easier to eat. You do have to watch them a little as they cook. Don't overcook the top of the eggs as they will be tough. You could put any kind of sauteéd veggie on the bottom...or potatoes, etc. Next time I'm going to try sweet potatoes and goat cheese, maybe with some thyme. Mmmm! Try them please.

Here, now, is a round up of photos from the last week.

Finished a new hat. Yarn: Berocco Flicker. Pattern from Knitty Flitty.

Hazards is self-photography. Was trying to get the hat...

The cuteness never ends with this pup. She turned on the iPad when she put her head on it...priceless.

:)

My new, most favoritest shirt ever. "Lettuce. Turnip. The beet." From Etsy.

Yes. Lettuce. I just love this shirt.

Started my china collection :) From Horse & Hound.

Had to return something bought w Christmas money recently. So I decided to use it to start my china collection. I am so in love!!!! Please come for tea.

And finally some drawings I did in the ol' watercolor journal. Our neighborhood Part I & II.


Our neighborhood part 2

Our neighborhood part 1

I have been a busy body this week. Today has included logo design, making carnitas for dinner, exploding chicken broth, and a bit of laundry. What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment