Saturday, March 31, 2012

Candy striped beets and Saturday salad surprise

Sometimes your last minute lunch can surprise you, and today mine did! I've been cleaning all morning and wanted to just grab a quick bite. Sometimes that literally means a piece of turkey from the fridge. I don't get too worked up over fancy lunches most of the time. But then I thought, well, I need some veggies with this and oh! that avocado I have...so this is what it turned into...a super yummy salad! Score!



Candy Striped Beet, Avocado & Turkey Salad

-1 small Candy Striped Beet, sliced in small strips
-3 slices organic/nitrate-free oven roasted turkey breast (I like Applegate Farms that you get at the deli counter)
-1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
-handful of green lettuce
-tbsp red wine vinegar
-tbsp good olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste.

So quick and easy to slice up all of the ingredients and put together topped with oil & vinegar. The richness of the avocado totally makes this dish. The candy striped beets are nice and crunchy and sweet with just a little bit of that beet bitterness. Yum! What a nice Saturday surprise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment