Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gluten-free/ grain-free cookie recipe!

Okay, so even though I am eating much healthier these days, I am so addicted to having a cookie in the afternoons. I love to bake so at least I'm making my own and making them gluten and grain free. I just got in some Honeyville Farms Blanched Almond Flour and of course had to instantly give it a whirl in the kitchen. I combined a few recipes and came up with the following:

Chocolate Chip Cookies

3 c. Honeyville Farms Blanched Almond Flour (order here)
1/2 t. sea salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 c butter, coconut oil, or combination of both (coconut oil is what I used today and it gives a little more coconut flavor. Use organic butter if you use butter)
2 omega 3 eggs
1 T vanilla extract
1/2 c grade A maple syrup
1/2 c (or more to taste) dark chocolate chips (I like less chocolate chips - you can put in as many as you like! Most recipes this size call for 1 cup)

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Melt coconut oil or butter and set aside to cool a bit. Combine other wet ingredients in smaller bowl and whisk together. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir. Then pour in butter/coconut oil and combine. Stir in chocolate chips.

Using a cookie dough scoop (this dough is sticky!) drop cookies onto lined baking sheet. (Get a Sil-pat if you don't have one!) Bake for 10-12 minutes. I push mine down a bit with a fork after 2 minutes or so. Makes them spread out just a bit more.

Cool them on a rack. Makes approx. 24 cookies.

I am so happy with how these turned out! You get a fluffy cookie with a soft center and a little crispiness outside. Oh man. Good. And not THAT bad for you. Protein in the almond flour, right?? Right.

I hope you enjoy! You can use other almond flour or meal, but beware of different results. Many people claim Honeyville Farms' almond flour is best for great baking results. Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment