Tuesday, January 17, 2012

updated slipper socks

I've had these Log Cabin socks for a while now. I LOVE them. They are the coziest socks to wear around the house in the winter...but they are very dangerous on hardwood floors. Eeek! So today I saw these suede slipper soles at my LYS and came home and sewed them on...now these are REALLY my favorite socks! No more fear I'm gonna slip into the splits as I move through our house. Slip free! This is a great, easy way to make your knitted socks more durable and wearable around the house...especially the thicker boot or house socks like these. It took no time to sew on the soles and they came with matching yarn. Instant slippers for these chilly nights!



Sock pattern, Log Cabin Socks, from the lovely book Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falick; yarn - Rowan Cork (sadly discontinued).

No comments:

Post a Comment