Friday, March 29, 2013

baby kimono

It's official. Sewing bug acquired. I made this Baby Kimono yesterday using a vintage pillowcase I had in my stash.

The pattern is from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross.

It's a lovely book and I've made a few things from it, but wow, there are some errors. It took a while to figure out the binding and I do believe you need quite a bit more than 1/2 a yard, but I 'made it work' by finishing the ends and using snaps instead of ties. I will definitely make another one of these because it takes very little fabric and was super quick, despite the incomplete instructions. I hear tops like this will be easy to get on and off of baby, too. Yay!

Next up, more zipper bags and maybe a cute dog bed for Mattie. Better spoil her now before she gets neglected in a few months...

No comments:

Post a Comment