Monday, April 1, 2013

seriously good cucpcakes

We had a lovely Easter yesterday. The day ended with me making these cupcakes. Oh. My. Yumminess. They are good. And grain-free! They are made with coconut flour, which, honestly, I don't usually love baking with. But the creator of the recipe has really worked with this to perfect it. I changed the frosting recipe (see below) and only made 1/2 of the original cupcake amount (we do NOT need 20 of these lying around). Please try them!! You will not be disappointed. Mmmmm.


The changes to the frosting were as follows (for 10-11 cupcakes): 
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 oz. of the same unsweetened chocolate (from the cupcake recipe - I used Ghirardelli)
1/4 c. butter

I melted the above together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Refrigerated this for a while and then stirred to warm up a bit before frosting the cooled cupcakes. Best part? I then topped with fine sea salt. Thanks Alton Brown :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment