Sunday, February 10, 2013

birthday recap

birthday by elletrain
birthday, a photo by elletrain on Flickr.

So, yesterday was my birthday and it couldn't have been lovelier. We started with a yummy brunch at Grain & Gristle, one of our favorite local spots. We had their amazing short rib hash with eggs...OMG. Delicious.

We next had a wonderful meeting with Gracie and Sarah, our doulas. They work as a team so they can be sure to be available on the big day...they could not be sweeter. They set my mind at ease on quite a few birthing/delivery topics. I am so fortunate to have them around for my first baby!

In the afternoon we went and had dessert (and Pinky had chili cheese fries!) at The Original, a great updated diner restaurant downtown. I had a yummy piece of Almond Joy cheesecake...mmmm. We then headed to see "Silver Linings Playbook" and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it. It had a bit of a "Garden State" feel to it, one of my favorite movies of all time. 


Lastly, we came home and I made yummy spaghetti (seasoned with secret ingredients learned from my half-Italian stepmom ...sorry, I can't share!!) and garlic bread...simple comfort food that makes me happy. I had a little glass of red wine with my meal which was also a nice treat.

My sweet husband got me a cool, locally made t-shirt and a beautiful silver cameo-style ring, also made by an artist here in Portland. He did so great! He knows me well.



Overall, I think this may have been one of my favorite birthdays...we had simple celebrations doing fun things together. Besides my engagement, which was also on my birthday, 3 years ago, this ranks up there as one of my favorite celebrations!

What do you love to do on your birthday?

2 comments:

  1. Love the heart on your pinkie. Is it a tattoo or stick on?
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's a tattoo. My husband's nickname is Pinky :)

      Delete