Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas hat


Just finished this cute Christmas/winter hat and I'm so pleased with how it turned out. The pattern is Twinklebaum by Thea Eschliman on Ravelry. I used Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd's Wool worsted and I am in love with this yarn.

The pattern is great because it gives you many yarn weight options as well as 2 size options. I made the larger hat in the worsted weight yarn. It calls for size 6 needles, but I went up to 7's because of the color work. I find that even though I'm typically a very even knitter, stranded color work tends to bunch a little, so going up one needle size generally works great. I opted for only a 1 1/2" ribbing on the bottom instead of the folded brim like the pattern says. Just a personal preference.

I hope you'll try it out! It will be so cute to wear when we go here in January, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment