Friday, February 25, 2011

Blurb - turn your blog into a book



So, I had to let you know about a great site I just used to get a book made from my blog. I'm sure there are others out there, but Blurb was great to use. It imports your blog entries from the dates you choose and puts them into book format. I had to go through and upload higher-res pictures for many of the entries, but you would want to go through and tweak the book anyway. So it wasn't totally a seamless import, but it allowed me to make some edits and get the book looking exactly like I wanted. I made one for 2010 and I might go back and make one for 2009. Now each year I can have a physical copy of my online 'journal.' It's pretty great. And if you click here to check it out and order a book, you get 15% off :) They also offer other photo books and printing services, too. Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. OK, i've totally been wanting to do this but didn't know what site to use. Can't wait to check it out. Yay!

    How's the quality of the book itself? Hardcover, thick pages, etc? I'm a little giddy already. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great! You can choose hardcover or softcover. The page quality is very nice. You can really adjust what you want about the layouts, too. It takes a little time to setup, but it's so great! I'm going back now to do 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been thinking about making a book too - thanks for the recommendation! xo nina

    ReplyDelete