Friday, June 19, 2009

Square One


Square One
Originally uploaded by elletrain
So, I never thought I'd do it, but I'm making an afghan out of knitted squares. One square is done and I've started the second. Who knows how long it will take, but the idea is very appealing to me. I love choosing colors and patterns and it keeps my interest b/c each one can be different. I've chosen 3 colors of Cascade 220: grey blue, dk steel blue, and a dk oatmeal. They are all from the Heathers family of Cascade 220.

I've also picked up Ishbel again to tackle that. I'm having major troubles remembering to do the yarn over increases on the PURL rows as well as the knit rows. Ugh. It has caused some minor setbacks, but nothing too overwhelming. I still love the mustard yellow color.

The heat index in Nashville today is 105. Ick. Good thing I have AC and a nice cool place inside to knit. My car is in the shop, so I've been driving Pinky to work and then to lunch today...heading to pick him up from work here in a bit. It'd be hard to always have one car, but for today, it's kinda fun. Like I'm taking him to school or something.

Weekend plans are: hanging with Quinn, Hunter, and Pinky tonight...I'm kinda crashing guys night, but not really. Driving range and swimming with The Adams Family (notice, only one "a" in the middle there) tomorrow. Then, Leah and I are putting on a knitting and yoga workshop at her yoga studio on Sunday. I'm very excited about that and hope people attend! It's too hot to be outside anyways.

Hope you have a lovely weekend...stay chilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment