Monday, January 12, 2009

Entrelac scarf in progress

Almost done! I've been working on this entrelac scarf for what seems like an eternity. Though that's mostly due to my knitting project ADD and not anything to do with the pattern.

This pattern is from Scarf Style and is the Lady Eleanor stole. I don't have much use for "stoles" so I'm making it a giant scarf. I cast on fewer stitches (40 I think) so it is narrower than the pattern, but it will still be quite a scarf. I'm using Noro Silk Garden. I think I'll make it around 60" instead of the 70" the pattern calls for. We'll see. I'm at about 50" right now. SO close! I'd like to wear it this winter. I think I'll make it...

2 comments:

  1. its beautiful! i am considering starting a project as this one. How long did it take you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I usually work on more than one project at a time, but entrelac isn't that much more time consuming than regular knitting once you get comfortable with the process. I didn't make this as long as a typical scarf either, because it was so wide. I think I maybe made it 4-5 feet long. Enjoy! It's one of my favorites I've ever done!

    ReplyDelete