Wednesday, October 5, 2005

I don't want to be somebody's learning experience.

I bought the Best of the Waitresses today. What a great band that people really need to rediscover, like me. It's awesome. This is a quote from one of their songs. It seems to be exactly how I'm feeling these days. We all learn from each other, but the way this is worded makes it ring so true...a person, a heart, shouldn't have to be someone else's chance to learn something. I feel like I was someone's learning experience, but they maybe haven't even learned anything from it yet. How sad is that? If I'm gonna go through all this, I hope they at least become a better person from it. I know I've learned from this, but I didn't use anyone in the process. I'm not doing a good job of explaining myself, but just remember the quote and think about it and post what you will in the comments section. I'd appreciate elaborations on this topic. It interests me. Happy October by the way.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Well, congrats on makeing my day by posting a comment. I'm an easy to please girl...what can I say? Anyhow, I laughed out loud when I read the part about writing instead of egging an ex boyfriends house. I just decided to take up blogging because I know I need somekind of outlit before I go completly insane.And because its fun to try and organize thoughts. Emphasis on "try." Well, I am going to try and write a blog tonight before I go to bed. type to ya later. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I believe that in every relationship and interaction we are meant to learn from eachother but I understand what you mean. When someone is not grounded in themselves and their higher power they usually drain you and you end up feeling used. My experience is that you still learn from these bad situations but they're painful lessons and nowhere near as fullfilling as a mutually grounded relationship. Ya, thats my two cents.

    ReplyDelete